To order call 800-533-4984 / 801-566-1200
The following is a list of currently available employment opportunities with Utah Medical Products, Inc.®. We are actively seeking individuals to fill these positions and encourage those who qualify to submit their application.
To apply for one of these positions, see our Resume Submission page for instruction on sending in your resume and cover letter.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If none of these positions match what you are looking for, you may still submit your resume and cover letter. Your information will be kept in our human resource database. The next time a position opens up, we look for potential matches in this file before we begin a wider search.
You are also encouraged to return to this page often, since the listing is continually updated.
Corporate Sales & Marketing Associate - Midvale, Utah
Utah Medical Products, Inc. (UTMD) is a focused medical device company based in Utah, which invents, develops, manufactures and directly markets specialized devices for the care of women and their babies worldwide. UTMD is currently looking for an entry level professional to primarily work at corporate headquarters in Midvale, but the job will include occasional travel to other U.S. locations to support clinical training and attend trade shows. Since UTMD also has subsidiaries in the UK, Ireland and Australia, and distributes its devices worldwide, some international travel may be required. A successful candidate must be resourceful, diligent, achievement-driven and willing to commit substantial energy and time to work. Initial daily responsibilities will include executing established marketing initiatives, processing device sample requests, telephone follow-up with device users and face-to-face sales support interaction at hospitals and clinics. The ability to effectively manage projects and initiative to make a high volume of customer contacts are essential. Also highly desirable are superior listening skills to understand customer needs and ability to learn substantial clinical knowledge to engage physicians and nurses in in-depth clinical discussions about procedures where UTMD devices are used.
1. Ability to travel as needed throughout the U.S.
2. Ability to dedicate a MINIMUM of 50 hours per week.
3. BS degree with science training preferred.
4. Residence within 20 miles of Midvale, UT (7200 South & Interstate 15).
5. Willing to sign confidentiality, code of conduct and non-compete agreements.
In addition to its direct sales force, Utah Medical Products, Inc. (UTMD) engages independent, experienced, sales professionals who have developed relationships with clinicians and/or hospital administrators which may have a need for UTMD’s specialty devices. Although independent reps are responsible for covering their own selling expenses, their costs may be low if they are already calling on potential customers for other reasons. UTMD pays a commission on the ongoing sales of a device that were initiated by an independent rep as long the rep remains on contract with UTMD. Because UTMD’s devices are primarily single-use, they enjoy repeat sales that can accumulate into substantial commissions over time. For more information about becoming an independent sales representative, please submit your resume with a short description of your experience, desired geographic territory and device category interest through UTMD’s resume submission page.
Quality Control Engineer - Midvale, Utah
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the QA inspection function. Conducts internal audits. Participates as assigned in an engineering capacity on product/process improvement teams.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Organizes daily work routines of all QA Inspectors.
2. Schedules and conducts or reviews internal quality audits.
3. Reviews and maintains records of internal audits and internal corrective actions, and participates in MRB.
4. Gathers, prepares and presents appropriate Quality Assurance-related reports.
5. As assigned: develops defect criteria for use in existing products/raw materials, analyzes/investigates defect causes, inspects/tests products/raw materials to determine compliance, failure mode, etc., and participates in company-wide quality-improvement efforts.
6. Confers with all levels of management to address QA issues and coordinate activities.
7. Works well with others.
8. Attends work on all scheduled work days and during scheduled work hours, except where otherwise permitted by immediate supervisor or management, in compliance with company attendance policy. Follows all other company policies and procedures, as set forth in the Employee Handbook and elsewhere, regarding employment.
9. Performs all the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
10. Communicates on a regular basis with immediate supervisor about problems, concerns, and/or uncertainties which may affect successful performance of the job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (BS) from a four-year college or university and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* * UTMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer * *