To order call 800-533-4984 / 801-566-1200
The following is a list of currently available employment opportunities with Utah Medical Products, Inc.®. We are actively seeking individuals to fill these positions and encourage those who qualify to submit their application.
To apply for one of these positions, see our Resume Submission page for instruction on sending in your resume and cover letter.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If none of these positions match what you are looking for, you may still submit your resume and cover letter. Your information will be kept in our human resource database. The next time a position opens up, we look for potential matches in this file before we begin a wider search.
You are also encouraged to return to this page often, since the listing is continually updated.
Corporate Sales & Marketing Associate - Midvale, Utah
Utah Medical Products, Inc. (UTMD) is a focused medical device company based in Utah, which invents, develops, manufactures and directly markets specialized devices for the care of women and their babies worldwide. UTMD is currently looking for an entry level professional to primarily work at corporate headquarters in Midvale, but the job will include occasional travel to other U.S. locations to support clinical training and attend trade shows. Since UTMD also has subsidiaries in the UK, Ireland and Australia, and distributes its devices worldwide, some international travel may be required. A successful candidate must be resourceful, diligent, achievement-driven and willing to commit substantial energy and time to work. Initial daily responsibilities will include executing established marketing initiatives, processing device sample requests, telephone follow-up with device users and face-to-face sales support interaction at hospitals and clinics. The ability to effectively manage projects and initiative to make a high volume of customer contacts are essential. Also highly desirable are superior listening skills to understand customer needs and ability to learn substantial clinical knowledge to engage physicians and nurses in in-depth clinical discussions about procedures where UTMD devices are used.
1. Ability to travel as needed throughout the U.S.
2. Ability to dedicate a MINIMUM of 50 hours per week.
3. BS degree with science training preferred.
4. Residence within 20 miles of Midvale, UT (7200 South & Interstate 15).
5. Willing to sign confidentiality, code of conduct and non-compete agreements.
Maintenance Technician - Midvale, Utah
JOB DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY FUNCTIONS:
1. Analyze electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and operational systems on plastic injection molding machines and other equipment on site. Maintain associated support systems (chillers, air compressors, cooling tower, dryers, material grinders, electrical, plumbing, etc.) as necessary.
2. Analyze and repair automated assembly equipment.
3. Troubleshoot and test equipment to check proper function and operation. Identify faulty components and repair/replace as necessary.
4. Monitor operation of all production machines and support equipment including energy systems, heating, ventilation systems, electrical, plumbing and refrigeration/chilling systems, etc.
5. Perform equipment calibrations and manage scheduling of calibrations as required.
6. Perform a variety of general facilities maintenance and installation tasks including work on facility doors, ceiling, floors, ventilation systems, roof, plumbing, etc.
7. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
8. Maintain records of completed maintenance and repair work, and scheduled maintenance requirements for plant and equipment within the company’s software and documentation systems.
9. Identify and manage appropriate spare part inventory requirements for facility and production usage.
10. Research and obtain competitive cost estimates for supplies, parts and equipment repair, orders supplies and maintain adequate inventory of parts.
11. Perform preventive and unscheduled maintenance on equipment as needed. Ensure that all preventive maintenance procedures and repairs are carried out correctly, efficiently and according to schedule.
12. Maintain an organized, clean, and safe facility.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
1. Experience with plastic injection molding machines and auxiliary molding equipment.
2. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical and production documentation (electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics)
3. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in various forms (written, oral, diagram, etc.)
4. Good communication skills.
5. Mechanical ability.
6. Electrical, wiring, pneumatic, and electronics knowledge.
7. Basic plumbing skills.
8. Construction knowledge.
9. HVAC skills.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 2-year technical degree preferred.
In addition to its direct sales force, Utah Medical Products, Inc. (UTMD) engages independent, experienced, sales professionals who have developed relationships with clinicians and/or hospital administrators which may have a need for UTMD’s specialty devices. Although independent reps are responsible for covering their own selling expenses, their costs may be low if they are already calling on potential customers for other reasons. UTMD pays a commission on the ongoing sales of a device that were initiated by an independent rep as long the rep remains on contract with UTMD. Because UTMD’s devices are primarily single-use, they enjoy repeat sales that can accumulate into substantial commissions over time. For more information about becoming an independent sales representative, please submit your resume with a short description of your experience, desired geographic territory and device category interest through UTMD’s resume submission page.
* * UTMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer * *