- Healthcare Professionals
Myelo-Nate® neonatal/pediatric lumbar puncture needles and kits provide access to the spinal column for the purpose of obtaining a cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) sample for diagnostic analysis. The short bevel design with Quincke type needle minimizes trauma and infiltration by spreading and displacing rather than cutting through the dura mater.
The Myelo-Nate® Lumbar Puncture Needle provides access to the spinal column for the purpose of obtaining a cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) sample from small patients. The Myelo-Nate® Kit provides the Myelo-Nate needle and components commonly needed to provide CSF samples.
• To diagnose or rule out meningeal infection.
• To monitor efficacy of antibiotic therapy by examining CSF cell count, microbiology, and drug levels.
• To diagnose and treat subarachnoid hemorrhage.
• To drain CSF in prevention and treatment of communicating hydrocephalus associated with intraventricular hemorrhage.
• Superficial infection at or near puncture site.
• Lumbosacral anomalies.
• Increased intracranial pressure (ICP), due to:
a. Unilateral mass, such as tumor or hematoma.
b. Noncommunicating hydrocephalus
• Respiratory instability when the procedure may cause added compromise.
• Bleeding diathesis requires risk-benefit considerations.
Form is temporarily unavailable. Please contact us by EMAIL.