The following is a list of currently available employment opportunities with Utah Medical Products, Inc.®. UTMD is actively seeking individuals to fill these positions and encourages those who qualify to submit their application.
To apply for one of these positions, see the How To Apply page for instruction on sending in your resume and cover letter.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If none of these positions match what you are looking for, you may still submit your resume and cover letter. Your information will be kept in the UTMD human resource database. The next time a position opens up, UTMD looks for potential matches in this file before beginning a wider search.
You are also encouraged to return to this page often, since the listing is continually updated.
- Assembly Operators - Midvale, Utah
1. Performs component assembly, sub-assembly, inspection, testing, and packaging tasks contingent upon room and work station assignment
2. Keeps simple records and prepares documentation
Complies with quality assurance guidelines and uniform procedures
Performs job-related soldering tasks and manually assembles medical devices
1. Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure)
2. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions
Ability to follow Manufacturing Procedures pertaining to job function
Multiple positions available. If you are interested in this position and have the requirements requested please fill out an application (applications are available at the north reception desk) and return it.
Utah Medical Products, Inc.
7043 South 300 West
Midvale, UT 84047
- Accounts Payable Specialist - Midvale, Utah
1. Enter invoices accurately and efficiently into accounts payable system.
2. Ensure all required documentation is present and properly matched.
Ensure all invoices are paid within vendor terms and available discounts are taken.
Answer vendor inquiries professionally and in a timely manner.
Review statements from vendors for missing invoices.
6. Assist with preparation/retrieval of required accounts payable documentation for annual audit.
7. Reconcile accounts payable at end of each month.
8. Prepare and file unclaimed property reports accurately and on time.
9. Prepare deposit of checks received daily.
10. Prepare and file annual 1099’s accurately and by date required.
11. Any other responsibilities and special projects assigned by supervisor.
1. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
2. Able to work with minimal supervision.
Must be detail oriented.
Basic knowledge of accounting helpful.
5. Must be able to work to tight deadlines.
6. Good customer service skills a must.
7. Experience is preferred but not required.
- Buyer Planner - Midvale, Utah
1. Negotiates with suppliers and sub-contractors to achieve optimal price and deliveries of required materials and services. Obtains management approval for any price increases.
2. Consults with Engineering, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Production and other departments, as needed, to locate and qualify suppliers of required materials and services. Obtains management approval for purchase commitments with suppliers who are not approved vendors.
Generates accurate and reliable master production schedules based on forecast information, production yields, capacity data and inventory plans.
Uses computer-generated MRP reports to create and execute purchase orders and work orders, and modifies, reschedules and cancels them when required.
Works with production supervisors, Q.C. specialists and manufacturing engineers to respond to capacity, materials, manpower and quality problems in production areas that may affect schedule integrity.
6. May assist with quarterly and/or annual inventory control activities.
7. Accesses the Company database to make changes to the Master Production Schedule. Obtains management approval for schedules which exceed forecast requirements.
8. Works well with others.
9. Attends work on all scheduled work days and during scheduled work hours, except where otherwise permitted by immediate supervisor or management, in compliance with company attendance policy. Follows all other company policies and procedures, as set forth in the Employee Handbook and elsewhere, regarding employment.
10. Performs all the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
11. Communicates on a regular basis with immediate supervisor about problems, concerns, and/or uncertainties which may affect successful performance of the job.
1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effective present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
2. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer Service Representative (Level I) - Midvale, Utah
1. Taking and processing customer orders.
2. Processing sample requests and literature requests.
Assist in shipping/distribution.
General clerical duties.
1. Ability to read, write and speak English.
2. Accurate keyboarding skill.
Customer service experience preferred.
Basic knowledge of computer software. Word and Excel abilities a plus.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Injection Molding Process/Setup Technician - Midvale, Utah
Job Description / Primary Functions:
1. Responsible for the proper set up and operation of injection molding machines (including auxiliary equipment) for the production of precision molded plastic components.
2. Mold processing and process troubleshooting of various types of injection molds and thermoplastic resins to ensure optimum quality of parts produced.
Perform mold set-ups and changeovers.
Perform safety checks, cleaning of molds, greasing and other various in process maintenance tasks. Changes inserts and cores as required.
Ensure that correct materials are utilized and that room organization and cleanliness is maintained.
6. Trains molding operators in the safe operation of machines and equipment.
7. Execute daily production tasks in accordance with production schedule.
Monitor and troubleshoot processing problems, perform preventive maintenance tasks, and document process changes.
Identify and recommend improvements to molds and equipment.
Trouble-shoot and determine root causes quality/part issues.
11. Work with the Quality and Engineering departments to maintain and improve process control.
12. Assist Engineering in validation of new tools and testing of repaired tools.
Establish processes with sufficient windows of operation that are capable and repeatable.
Perform other related duties and tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Mechanical aptitude with experience and working knowledge of plastic injection molding machines, thermoplastic resins, injections molds and auxiliary equipment.
2. Experience with liquid silicone rubbers a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical and production documentation.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in various forms (written, oral, diagram, etc.).
Good communication skills.
Basic computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing, etc.).
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 2-year technical degree preferred.
- Quality Engineer - Midvale, Utah
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Manages complaint handling system.
2. Schedules and conducts or reviews internal quality audits.
Reviews and maintains records of internal audits and internal corrective actions, and participates in MRB.
Responsible for Quality Assurance review of R&D and manufacturing projects.
Gathers, prepares and presents appropriate Company Quality Assurance-related reports.
6. As assigned: develops defect criteria for use in existing products/raw materials, analyzes/investigates defect causes, inspects/tests products/raw materials to determine compliance, failure mode, etc., and participates in company-wide quality-improvement efforts.
7. Confers with all levels of management to address QA issues and coordinate activities.
Works well with others.
Attends work on all scheduled work days and during scheduled work hours, except where otherwise permitted by immediate supervisor or management, in compliance with company attendance policy. Follows all other company policies and procedures, as set forth in the Employee Handbook and elsewhere, regarding employment.
Performs all the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (BS) from a four-year college or university and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* * UTMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer * *